We are excited to be looking for the 2022-23 Humanities Center Undergraduate Intern. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Bobbe May, the Humanities Center Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply visit Y Jobs.
This position is ideally suited for an advanced undergraduate student or graduate student. This person will conduct research, document Center events (by taking pictures and notes for the Newsletter), work with the Faculty and Student Fellows on Center initiatives, design and create the Annual Newsletter, help with occasional podcast production, and maintain the weekly Center blog and occasional feature stories. For the blog, the intern will both write posts as well as schedule and coordinate with other writers. The pay will range from $10–15/hour DOE, and the position will require 5–10 (mostly) flexible hours during the Fall and Winter semesters. The position will begin August 29th, with training in April and/or May.
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Basic knowledge of good principles of design
- Basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Ability to oversee multiple projects at once
- Effective and polite communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Must have regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shift (including Monday morning meetings and Thursday afternoon colloquia as well as any additional Humanities Center events for the week)
- Preferably Humanities major or minor and invested interest in the humanities both at BYU and globally
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Editing experience
- Design experience
- Photography experience
- Beyond scheduled events, work hours are completely flexible
- Relationship building with humanities faculty and high-caliber students
- A safe environment to learn and practice new skills that you can add to your resume (WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop, podcasting, etc.)
- A depth of experience in what it looks like to make a career in academic humanities
Application Instructions: apply online, resume and cover letter required.
Must have regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shift. (Most likely Monday mornings from 10:30-11:30 and Thursday afternoons from 2:30-4:30.)